Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do Redpublicans feel intimidated by women that aren't barefoot and pregnant??? My family has had many strong

WOMEN DOWN THROUGH HISTORY.

So I don't feel threatened by them I love their strength and am proud of the heritage.

Favorite Answer

It appears that way since they have a problem with almost every single strong female politician.

Of course they hide their hate and bigottedness behind "she is a liberal"

Strong women frighten weak males because it only serves as further proof they arent needed.

Umm, Hello? Anyone home??? Does Condoleeza Rice ring a bell? My family leans more on the republican side, but mostly conservative. Women in my family have always been treated equal with the same respect we treat everyone else with. Most Republican and conservative families I've ever met are the same way. In fact women are the head of the household or are equal with the man in the majority of middle class homes across the nation. You need to wake up. I don't know if you remember the debate between Bush and Kerry. But there was a question asking about what advice they can give people about the women in their families. Bush's response was "Listen to them". Kerry's response was "We all know I came up". Geesh, who values women more according to these statements? You seriously need some education under your belt.

I have been a Republican all my life. My wife is an Executive with a major advertising firm. We have kids and the nanny watches them during the day.

This whole "Republicans only want women barefoot and pregnant" crap is just left-wing fearmongering.

It is like saying Republicans hate blacks, whereas, if you look back in history, it is the Republicans that spearheaded equal rights legislation and the Democrats who promoted racism.

Let's see. I'm a retired Lieutenant Colonel, never pregnant, but do like to go barefoot. My equally Republican husband is certainly not intimidated by me (I actually outranked him in the AF), however he does respect me as well as love me. And there are a lot more like us out there. Sorry, you only got 1 out of 3 right.

I'm a strong independent woman, but I believe if a woman wants to devote her life to raising good citizens for the future and she has the means to do it, then she should. If she wants a career then she can have one. I do however think there is a whole generation of children who are really getting screwed over by both of the parents working. I'm sure the kids would give up their own DVD and dinner out 4 times a week to have a parent home with them. I don't care which parent, but I think children need the support of their parents.

Funny, my wife, who is also Republican, is not either barefoot nor currently pregnant. And she's got the toughest job in the world, full time mom. 24-7, very little time off. And she does it by choice, giving up her career in marketing to do it.

Perhaps your mother would have served you better to spend more time with you, rather that worry about the perception that she's 'strong'.

My wife and I are Republicans, and she is a school teacher (i.e., not barefoot), not pregnant but a proud mom of three girls. Why are you threatened by people who have different views than you?

No, Republicans do not feel intimidated. I cannot stand feminazis. Those strong women have no clue as to how the real world works.

• MegW12

What are you talking about? What does being Republican have to do with that? It's just men that aren't secure with themselves that may be intimidated by women when they stand up for themselves. Stupid question.

Maybe your two mom's are strong and berly women. Good for you. But why does that mean that all normal, republican women have to be "barefoot and pregnant"?.

Silly.

I am a republican. I am a woman. I am not pregnant and barefoot and I am not intimidated by myself.

My boyfriend is a republican and he isn't intimidated by me either. Actually he is often proud of me and my accomplishments.

Anyway, your question is stupid and your name is "shortbus" doesn't leave much to be expected of your intelligence.