Is there hope for a healthy, active sex life as we get older?

It is a subject that is not openly talked about but could help many couples who are curious about what is "normal" as they get older together. My beloved and I were discussing our hopes for our future since we are in our 40's and newly married but since our parents never talked about how active they were we are unsure of what to expect. Any married couples in their 40's, 50's and beyond have any information they would care to share?

Favorite Answer

Absolutely. It's fairly common to replace quantity with quality as we mature. And there are things like Viagra.

So, basically, as long as you're still relatively healthy and have a good spark going, there's no reason to fear that you won't be enjoying sex for many, many years.

Oh, btw, I'm 57; she's 55.

I'm not sure what you want to know. As long as each of you is getting as much s e x as you desire then there wouldn't be a problem. The problem comes up when one spouse wants less than the other and so the other is left with having to go without as much s e x as they would like. This can be very bad when the differences are significant.

So, it's not so much an issue of getting older... its an issue of matching s e x drives.

There is definitely hope, but you have to keep the spark going. My godmother was 73 when her husband died and they still had an active sex life up until he passed away, and from the stories she shared, it was pretty passionate.

Its about respecting and pleasing the partner, keep up with the pleasure principle.

I am over 50. As you grow older your sexual act desires get lesser. You can satisfy each other by cuddling or by petting and necking each other like when you were teeners. You could satisfy yourselves by using your fingers to reach your ultimate climax without doing the actual sex act. Some do oral sex.

Source(s): My husband and I are very playful to each other and we can do it anywhere at anytime. We are enjoying up to now.

I don't think its age, but health. Age might slow you down a bit but will not ruin it for your. As long as you are health and that heart is pumping blood in all the right places, whoooowaaaaa...lol If you both don't then I suggest getting into some workout routines and healthy eating.

• dd

People never stop doing it unless they are physically unable too. The key is to stay in shape so you will be physically able to jump each others bones. Personally, I am hopping in the sack more that i have ever done. This is great for the ego too. hehehe.

• sunbun

me mid 40's b/f mid 50's and we enjoy as much as we possibly squeeze in with work and our busy schedules....but i would say at least 5 x a week.....enjoy your life and try new things...its as exciting as u can handle

my wife stopped touching me and letting me touch her after I bought her a house.

if not, kill me now