AJ asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I am having surgery. I have cut my smoking to only 1/2 a cig a day. My surgery is in 10 days. Is this good?

Favorite Answer

yes, anything you can cut back is good. and depending on the surgery, you might not want to start again afterwards.

good for you!!!

Congrats: Decreasing your smoking is always good.

After quitting most will have a temporary increase in mucus (phlegm) production. Overall, the benefits of smoking less clearly outweigh any temporary inconvenience.

Try to get rid of that 1/2 cig if possible. If not, try to improve your health by doing other things (weight control, exercise...).

cut down the other half and that'll be good

smoking is bad for you sweetheart. it makes you smell bad and turns your lungs black and you wont reach too ripe an age.

so....maybe stop smoking altogether--take this as an opportunity

and good luck with your surgery. hope its not too serious.

• Mod M

Good for you. Nicotine is considered one of the most addictive drugs known to humankind. I'm sure your doctor already told you that quitting altogether is best for your total wellbeing. Let's look at what the experts say:

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002485.html

Good luck...

no. good would have been if you stopped smoking all together. try that for the next 10 days and hopefully you will be ok.

You should not smoke at all