Which is faster an 07 Mustang Gt or a Chevrolet Silverado SS ?

I have an 07 Mustang Gt and I know a guy that says that his ss is faster .......But I dont think it is ..I mean its a huge heavy truck!!

and than he said he has the 6.8 liter in it???? 6.8 what the hell is that?

Favorite Answer

Mustang all the way :)

The Silverado SS licks out 345 horsepower from a 6.0 Liter Vortec Max and clocks in at 14.99 seconds in the 1/4 mile.

The Mustang has a 4.6 liter V8 but is limited is to better performance due to its 5 speed tranny it outputs 300 horsepower and does the 1/4 mile in about 13.5 seconds.

With these numbers in mind, you can probably take the Silverado SS because of its weight factor, but the difference is not far, so if you are not on your game at that christmas tree on the 1/4 mile ) a true horsepower test), then he could sneak in an embarrassing win.

Source(s): Auto Estilo magazine
  • ?

The Mustang GT is a a lot swifter motor vehicle, Silverado SS's are not extremely that quickly in inventory kind (14.8-15.a million quarter mile) besides. i do not extremely like Mustangs, yet no doubt that's the swifter, and swifter, of both (assuming both are inventory)

Whoever the guy is, obviously doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. A 6.8L is a FORD V10 engine. Generous Motors only makes 4.8L, 5.3L, & 6.0L V8s in the small block variety. Their big block engine, I believe is an 8.1L, but I don't think that's what the Silverado is equipped with. Anyways, if you're going to compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges, wait 'till Ford comes out with their latest version of the Lightening truck. THEN, we'll see who finishes first!!!!

k there is no gm 6.8 liter there is a 6.5 turbo diesel engine put out by chevy but the 6.8 is a 460 cid WSG1068 6.8 liter V10 engine put out by ford starting in 2000 AND RAKEL U FORGOT THE 5.7 LITER 350 SMALL BLOCK V8

6.8 liter is a 414 cu inch. Never heard of it, but I don't follow Chevy.

Even with that motor, he won't be able to hold the tires on the road, with the light rear end.

depends on the skill of the driver but chances are the mustang will be faster.