Help, my cat went potty on my daughters new chair she got for christmas and we can't get rid of the smell...

This is one of those fold up papason chairs but it can not be washed. The cover does not come off. We have had it for only a couple of days. So far I have tried cleaning it with fabric cleaner, pet stain & odor remover, carpet shampoo, febreeze, Lysol, fabric freashener, I am out of ideas...anyone have another idea of how to get rid of the smell? We can't return it and no I will not do something mean to my cat so please don't say that. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks for helping us out.

• pms
    Favorite Answer

Try white vinegar. Its one of the best cleaners on the market. I have nine cats so I know what I am talking about. It can also be used to clean counters and floors. In the summer it stops ants and flies from coming in the house.

Try a product called "Zero Odor". Its great, I've used it on carpet & other things to get rid of cat pee smell. It really works, You couldn't smell anything after using it. I ordered it off of TV, but I think you can get it at pet stores too. Its guarenteed to work. Good Luck!!!

Wet the spot with water and get a rag to get the excess out, then spray with plain white vinegar and let dry.If the first time doesn't do it do it again..It will be odor free(I let the vinegar stay saturated on it and dried with a fan)

Try spraying with ammonia. If that doesn't work look online for some of the odor removers...I know a few of them actually do work.

• bmi=22

Get rid of the cat. It won't make the smell go away but it will make you feel better and besides, who's to say the cat won't do it again?