Does the texting price depend on the # of texts..or like how many word are in each text message?

help mee!

Favorite Answer

The safe answer is: "depends on your carrier and plan." That said, I've personally never heard of a carrier charging per word. It's pretty much always the number of messages, regardless of their length.

One final word of warning: some new phones will automatically split long text messages into more than one message if it's longer than the network can handle. (Usually somewhere between 100-250 characters.) It's a nice feature, but can result in being billed for more messages than you think if you're not aware.

well you can send only 300 words in a text if try to do more then they are sent as linked messages and you will be charged per link the same cost as per sms while typing a message just look at the top right side you will know how many characters you have been typing

All cell phone providers have different rules for texting.

1) unlimitied texting-meaning you can text as munch as you want and pay a monthly fee. i pay $15 for my unlimited texting... I know alot

2) .10cnts for each message you recieve

I have not known any cell phone providers to charge you on how man words are in each text... if that was the case than people's bills would be really high

On my plan (Verizon) it's 10 cents per text message transmitted and recieved, no matter how many words it contains.