What is a biocornate uterus?

A friend of mine was recently at the doctor's and the tech mentioned this term, he would not elaborate and she had asked me if I had ever heard of it. Anyone know?

Favorite Answer

Try the link below. It will answer some of your questions. My Exwife had the same thing.

"It is a birth defect where the uterus does not form as it should. Instead of one whole uterus, there are usually two separate ‘horns’ that form the top of the uterus. If a fertilized egg implants in one of the horns, that pregnancy usually is not viable as the horns do have the normal uterine tissue to support a pregnancy, nor the space for a baby to grow. A bicornuate uterus can be associated with miscarriage, preterm delivery, fetal growth retardation, and an abnormal fetal presentation (breech or transverse), and sometimes various birth defects of the baby"

I have never heard of this either but it is the patient's right to know what is going on in her body and your friend should have demanded to know what that meant right away from her doctor or the ultra sound tech.

This is her body, her issues, she has rights.