chanlen2005 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Can you blackmoor fish in regular water but add conditioner to it or is there some special water that you need

Favorite Answer

you could blackmoor fish anywhere! Is this similar to mooring a boat??surely you would only add conditioner to wash your hair.Have you or are you illegally keeping hairy fish!.The only special water that you would need would indeed come from the Blackmoors!I am not convinced you could keep fish in it.!!

Yes You can keep black moor fish in conditioned water with a good ph balance and no amonia or nitrates...

for my black moor/ goldfish

I change 10% of the water once a week and test it once a week

I also let the tap water sit for at least 12 hours before i had it and i treat the water with conditioner

you can use tap water but yes add conditioner or it will die from the chemicals in the tap water. the best conditioner to use is called Stress Coat. if you're new to the aquarium hobby make sure you read up about water changes, ammonia, nitrate, filter, water temp. and all that good stuff. good luck!