promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How Long Is Army National Gaurd Basic Training?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

9 weeks, same as Basic Combat Training for the Regular Army (you train together).

http://www.goarmy.com/life/basic/index.jsp

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Basic Training Course is the same for Active, National Guard and Reserves; same goes for MOS Specific courses (AIT)

8-9 weeks of basic, separated in 3 phases, denoted by guidons of three different colors; blue, white and red; these phases are either called "Crawl, Walk, Run" phases or as follows

Phase 1 - Basic military skills, drill & ceremony, chain of command, basic rifle marksmanship, Army values and so on. THe basci stuff you learn is the one you usually get drilled the most on.

Phase 2 - Combat Rifle Marksmanship with the M16 rifle. you'll spend every waking moment learning about the M16 rifle; how it works, the cycle of function, "SPORTS", sight alignment and so forth; during this phase, you will be going to the range to practice marksmanship in the range and learn how to fire your rifle.

Phase 3 - Field Training; this is the phase where you take all the skills you've learned in Phases 1 and 2 and put them into practice. You will be going to the field to do road marches, set up a basic bivouac, do ambushes and to the good stuff, NBC training, foot patrols, land navigation, movement to contact, night infiltration course, obstacle/confidence course and culminating with the "Super Bowl" (how we called end of cycle testing in Ft. Jackson); once you make it through all of that, then you will go on parade and graduate from BCT (basic combat training); I figure the BCT is longer now with the addition of live fire training to replicate combat situations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• 1 decade ago

NG Basic Training is the same as regular Army, 9 weeks long. NG & Reserves train along with regular Army. Your time in Reception will vary. My son was in Reception at BCT for about six days; at AIT he was there for ten long, boring days. (He was Split Option.)

Source(s): My PFC son.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nine weeks. NG trains and schools with Regular Army. In my day, (1988) BCT was 8 weeks after we spent about a week in the Reception Center.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Same as regular army basic. About 8 weeks.

• WC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Brais training for all incoming recruits, whether they be regulard army, or NG, the length of basic training is the same. When I was in the army it was 8 weeks.

• dedra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i do not see why you should might want to bypass to effortless on the chop up op. i'd imagine you may do exactly all of it mutually and be done with it. i bypass to a protection force college and easily one or 2 of my friends have done chop up op (with the military Reserves); each and every man or woman else did all of it at one time and that i imagine that they enlisted at 17. Thats unusual... yet i'm not declaring that he's mendacity. also, you receives the $one hundred and eighty for the weekend and complete time for both weeks. once you're talking about staying in Washington for your 2 week preparation i'd be skeptical... My buddy's unit became in Indiana and they did some preparation down at citadel Benning... yet that would want to've been a particular case. i'm not particular of the information and that i really imagine that it relies upon on your unit. besides, i am hoping that permits!

• DOOM
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

9 weeks training time, plus however long you spend at reception, which can be from three days to a month.

• woody
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it depends on your mos i was 12b(combat engineer) it has 13 weeks/8 weeks basics & 5 weeks a.i.t.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.