Christmas war songs?

There was a song about a little girl "Becky" that her brother had gotten killed in the war. and she was waiting for him to come home for Christmas. I'm not sure which war I haven't heard the song since the 60's. Any one know the name of this song?

Favorite Answer

little becky xmas wish

Dear Santa Clause,

This is the very first time I’ve ever written to you.

All my Christmases have been wonderful.

And you gave me lots of nice toys.

This year mommy says Christmas won’t be the same because …

well, Because my big bother Tommy won’t be here

Not too long ago Tommy was home in a green suit with great big gold buttons.

He looked like our mail man Mr. Dewey.

When Tommy was home I tried his shinny shoes on, they were so big Tommy laughed and he said “It takes a big man to fill those shoes”

Santa, I wonder what he meant by that.

I asked Tommy if he loved mommy, daddy and me, and you know what he said? He said he loved us very much.

And he loved his country too.

And that’s why he was going away.

Last week Mr. Dewey brought mommy a letter and made mommy cry.

I don’t like Mr. Dewey anymore.

When daddy came home, he cried too, and I never never saw my dad cry before.

Santa why were mommy and daddy crying ?

That took Tommy’s record player and things and put them in the attic.

Santa please don’t you be mad at me.

Mommy was when I played Tommy’s favorite record yesterday.

Tommy used to play one special record over and over and over.

A man was talking and said not what my country can do , what I can do..

Or – or something like that.

I asked what that meant

but he said It means a lot

But I’m too young to know.

Tommy has a girlfriend, her name is Kathy.

But she doesn’t come over anymore.

I wonder why ?

Santa, I like nice toys and things

And you can bring me some if you want to.

But please, please bring Tommy home for Christmas.

So mommy and daddy won’t cry anymore.

Ok? Santa ?

See ya and Tommy on Christmas.

Love,

Becky.

John Mayer waiting on the worldwide to alter me and all my friends we are all misunderstood they say we stand for no longer something and there is no way we ever ought to now we see each and every thing this is going incorrect with the worldwide and people who lead it we in simple terms experience like we do not have the means to upward push above and beat it so we shop waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter we shop on waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter it incredibly is hard to triumph over the gadget as quickly as we are status at a distance so we shop waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter now if we had the ability to convey our associates domicile from conflict they could have in no way ignored a Christmas not greater ribbons on their door and once you have confidence your television what you get is what you receive reason whilst they own the advice, oh they are able to bend all of it they choose for this is why we are waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter we shop on waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter it is not that we don't care, we in simple terms be attentive to that the combat ain't honest so we shop on waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter and we are nonetheless waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter we shop on waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter sometime our era is gonna rule the inhabitants so we shop on waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter we shop on waiting waiting on the worldwide to alter"