promotion image of download ymail app

i have been stolen from by a once good friend; is there any kind of action for me to take?

i want justice- i want my stolen item back or money to replace it. is there any kind show, law or court to help me? i went to his house with a personal item and i left it there because i forgot and he is either playing dumb, lieing, keeping it, or refusing to five it back to me or look for it.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    First, to be a crime, you must show intent, ie, that he intended to steal it from you.

    If its just a case that you say you left something there, and he says he don't have it, then there is no criminal court that will bring a case like that to trial.

    Your best recourse would be to file a civil suit, ie small claims court, against him. You don't need a lawyer to file and its relatively cheap.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Go to the police

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.