I am 8 months pregnant what are the signs of dehydration?

I should be drinking more water but recently my urine has been really dark and i have been more tired and my head has been hurting. And sometimes I crave water could this be a sign of dehydration...problay huh?

Favorite Answer

Severe dehydration is where your body actually gets to the point where you can't move-well, barely....a lighter form is where you have constant headaches, look really pale, and have a sticky mouth- I think they call it cotton mouth, chapped lips, glossy eyes, all of those are signs. What you are explaining doesn't sound like anything serious-yet. I would drink more though. The babies amniotic fluid has to change out, that new fluid comes from what you put in...

• cynde

Pregnancy Dehydration Signs

Yes definitely! If your thirsty you already may be dehydrated! Your body is telling you something, drink more water! Your urine is dark because it is concentrated-not enough fluids to dilute it! Your head hurts because your vessels are constricting because they need more fluid. Although you really should be seen because you are pregnant, but yes its sounds like you are dehydrated! Don't let is go any further, you can really hurt yourself and your baby if you become severely dehydrated...electrolyte imbalances and possible cardiac problems! Drink some water and call your advice nurse now!

• Cara M

Yes. Getting headaches is definitely a sign of dehydration. You also may get more Braxton Hicks contractions if you don't drink enough water. It's best to try and keep a bottle of water with you all the time and try to drink as often as you can. Even if it means running to the restroom more often. Keep you and the baby healthy!

yes those are signs of dehydration. Try drinking more water, or if you don't like the taste (which some don't), try gatorade or gingerale. Anything WITHOUT caffiene is hydrating to you. Your pee should be very light yellow, although your prenatals can make your urine dark. If all else fails, and you still have these symptoms even if you think you are drinking enough liquids, talk to your ob.

Yes they are all signs of dehydration. What I do to remend myself is carry around a bottle of water this helps me remember to drink and when I feel thristy it is right there for me.

Yes those are all signs. I use to always carry a bottle of Propel water to drink. It's good for you, and you don't get sick of it because it comes in lots of different flavors.