Is there a religious meaning for Xeriscape?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Dave P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The term was invented, registered, and trademarked in 1981 by the City of Denver Water Department so there is no history of any religion using that term and I have not heard of any major religious body endorsing it. Individual churches have endorsed and implemented it and I would guess that it will show up in sermons and homilies here and there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depends. Xeriscaping could be viewed as a way of honoring the balance of earth and water, instead of using non-native plants that require a disproportionate amount of water and which can cause a detriment to the ecology around you... which could make it a more thoughtful choice that's in line with religious beliefs of those who follow nature-centered religions.

• 1 decade ago

i xeriscaped my front yard,i wanted to build a replica of stonehenge but my wife said no.i did sneak in one small easter island head though,the iranian lady across the street told her husband she thought the easter island head was staring at her,but she runs around with just a see-through t-shirt on so maybe it is.

Source(s): balthazar balzac
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. It simply means landscaping with drought-resistant plants.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.