Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Help with Back pain?

First ill say im 19 I work as a CNA and I dont have medical insurance. I have scoliosis in my spine and ive been to a chiropractor plenty of times before. The pain is in the middle of my back, its hard ro explain it kind of feels like theres a brick sitting on my back or it feels like someone is twisting every nerve in my back. It hurts to stand or sit. Lately I have to get up in the middle of dinner because it hurts so bad. I try sitting with good posture and it only hurts worse. i tried Flexoral Aleve Bengay and a heating pad. Does anyone know what will ease the pain untill I can see a Doctor. Its hurt this bad for abouit a month now. Any advise will help. And dont say go to the Doctor because I dont have money to or insurance. :)

Favorite Answer

Do you have the option of going to a public hospital (county hospital, charity hospital)? If that is the case, you should get an MRI to see what is going on in your spine.

Without any insurance or charity hospital around you are screwed as you have tried already all of the simple over the counter remedies.

Could you have saved the money for the multiple chiropractor visits and invested in health insurance... (just wondering).?

Long-term tip: find a job with health insurance.

I would have thought your chiropractor could help this - sounds like a pinched nerve. I get this feeling when a rib is out of alignment, but it's usually solved by the chiro.

Have you tried laying on the ground with your knees bent over a chair/sofa? I find this helps with sciatica, lower back pain, and other sorts of back pain.

take 2 tyenols every 4 hour also not more than 6 a day.predisone would help you when you can see a doc.