what is the process of becoming a doctor?

am intrested in becoming a doctor.I have my family and friends full surpport.But I feel like I don't know where to start.Please people help..and I hate maths..however I don't want to give up, afterall my people are counting on me..and am trying my very best at school.Please people am begging for your help to start

Favorite Answer

Get into college first, and then do well in undergrad and you will likely get into med school. There is a long way ahead of you, and you have to make sure this is what you really want. Honestly, not having all A's in high school would definitely not bar you from med school. I know people that got B's and C’s in some Biology courses in college that got into med school just fine and are well on their way to being doctors. But Undergrad is generally a lot harder than High School, and Med School is infinitely harder than undergrad, so if you're struggling with straight A's right now, just think what it will be like to struggle for straight A's in college. I am not trying to discourage you, but there is a lot to do before you are ready to become a doctor. After high school, the next 12 years of your life are devoted to becoming the best damn doctor you can be.

The 12 years after high school are generally, 4 years of undergrad (Pre-Med), 4 years of Med-School, and mostly 4 years of a residency, depends on the specialty. The undergrad years are generally your most fun, but are still crucial. Now I don't want you to be a naive little gunner and overwhelm yourself like most pre-meds, so watch out for scheduling yourself to do too much (volunteering at the hospital, trying to do some extra research, taking too many hard classes at once, doing shadowing rotations). In addition, while you are doing extra curricular, make sure you are making them worthwhile, like if you are shadowing a pediatrician, and ask them as many questions as you can without coming off annoying. Just do your best in these years, and keep your GPA high and study as much as you can for the MCAT (Expect to study up to 6-8 hours a day). Then once you are accepted into a med-school, prepare for the first stage of hell. It will involve constant studying, with maybe a few hours A WEEK for fun, and not much time for you to have a social life. A residency is your next step, and once you are there, you will spend a lot of time (50-80 hours a week depending on specialty) running around the hospital picking up as much info as you can on how to become a pediatrician.

Just do not buy into all the glamour of the life of a doctor, you might change your mind about becoming one, or might change your specialty, or who knows. There is a lot of work ahead of you kid, and I wish you the best of luck, but make sure you have your wits about you, and actually understand the profession inside and out. Moreover, understand that you will end up in debt most likely, and that family life will be really hard while in med school. Realize that malpractice insurance comes with the job, and that not just bad doctors are sued. Becoming a pediatrician is one of the most prestigious careers you can choose, but it comes with so many hardships that anyone who is too weak will be sorted out very quickly, make sure you know what you're in for, and that you're strong enough to make it. Best of luck.

Source(s): http://www.studentdoctor.net/index.asp..... Good website, open forum to discuss the long process of becoming a doctor. http://www.medschoolready.com/app/defaul...

Take a look at this explanation on how to become a doctor from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physician#Education_a...

Good Luck!!!