How much should it cost to replace shocks on a 2000 VW Jetta?

Favorite Answer

Well...this isn't a complete answer to your question...but depending on if you have shocks or struts...shocks are alot cheaper. Shocks can be really cheap, but better ones can be expensive. If you can't change them by yourself then it will definietly cost you more. Shocks...honestly if you have any clue about cars...are a piece of cake. I just did all 4 of them on my 1964 bug...for my EMPI lowered shocks I paid about 150. But I did them myself and therefore didn't have to pay labor. I don't know anything about struts though. They can be a pain. Hopefully this helps. Good Luck!

• 112

If you have it replaced at the Volkswagen dealer you will go by their hourly rate per job (flat rate manual) and that varies depending on the city and state which you reside. That will also come with genuine parts made in Germany (expensive) and a 1 year, 12k miles warranty.

If you get a mickey mouse job at a local aftermarket shop you will most likly save lots of money but no guarantee that the job will be done to VW specs. Not recommended at all.

You are looking in the high 400's to 1000 depending on how many need to be replaced. Call your local dealer and find out what the hourly rate is and how many hours to perform the job.

I am guessing, but I would say that to all four shocks replaced will run you between $300.00 and $500.00 for that car.

100 per side in the front