sara asked in TravelItalyBologna · 1 decade ago

should i lower my standards?

Well there is this guy named Ronnie and i he and i are prety close friends and i don't know what to do. He and I have a thing but he smokes a lot of pot. And I know he feels bad smoking infront of me but, he still does. I have a feeling he'll grow out of it but should i lower my standards and give him a chance? I mean I love this kid so much. It really was love at first sight...so what shouldi do? I can't ask him to change who he is or to just stop smoking. I used to smoke adn thats why it disgusts me...any sugestions?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you can ask him to change that. It is doing something better for himself. As for growing out of that, my ex is 32 and still smokes. If he doesn't want to change that for you and for himself, it is not worth your time.

You have to stand up for you 'cause no one else will. You are the only you that you have. How bad does he feel about smoking in front of you? You don't need to ask him to stop, if he won't own his own. There's no way of predicting that he will stop or not. Take care of yourself, girl. If it's love, he'll do the right thing by taking care of his self and doing what's best for you.

tell him to stop it man, no harm done in that, smoking pot is way easier than cigarettes... if he does it for you then you guys should continue to be close to each other :)

never lower ur standards for anything then u ll end up as a tramp... make him meet up to ur level...i think in this case make him level up...and above all u dont even know if he likes u

Stop being such a stuck-up hypocritical *****?