Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

How do I get wood trim off a dashboard?

My son Lenny called me yesterday to say that he ordered some wood trim for his Saturn, and it came in the mail last week. He put it on, and when he was going to pick his daughter from the daycare center, he noticed the wood trim was buckling and cracking. When he got Susan home, he tried everything from crowbars to steak knives to get it off, so he could get a new set of wood trim. I drove to his house after he called me, armed with my pocket knife. I tried cutting the wood trim off, but no luck. So, I got back in my Cadillac and went home to ask the Yahoo community about this problem.

Favorite Answer

Hi This is a very deli-get procedure. You need to get a carpenters knife. Then with a sharp blade you score the area you want taken off. Your score it many times with a sharp blade. After awhile you will start to feel the wood loosing. Then you take a small sharp chisel and small hammer and you tap the areas loose. If you don't know, Scoring is running the blade back and forth over the area many times. You must have patients so you do not damage any other parts of your car

• bal z

Use a wood chisel my bizzle!