Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBotany · 1 decade ago

I have a dwarf Mexican lime tree and the leaves are falling off the tree what could be the problem?

I have a small dwarf Mexican Lime Tree and the leaves are falling off? What could be the problem? I water it once a week and give fertilizer to it about once a month? The tree I have is about 8 months old and is about 3 feet tall but has been losing about 1-3 leaves a day...is that normal? Also any ideas to get it to grow faster? Any special type of fertilizer anyone has used that works better than others for citrus trees? PLEASE no Mexican jokes..I have had enough of them!

The tree is located outside year around in California...

Favorite Answer

Fruit trees, especially citrus trees require high amounts of Nitrogen. Go to a garden shop and get a bag of fetilizer with high Nitrogen content such as 20 - 5 - 5. The first number refers to percent Nitrogen.

Source(s): I have a B.S. in Forestry

i think lime trees need to be watered twice, u must reduce the amount fertilizers because sometimes the plants cannot tolerate if its given much, its advisable for a month, better dont shift it now, shift it to bigger pot after it stops shedding it leaves, till then water it twice, if u believe that plants are sensible to songs and human care, u can try speaking with them, sing for them, and touch them softly as if u r loving them much, so that it will grow faster try it, it will work, i do this for my plants, u can search best fertilizer at www.truegreen.com, no jokes!

Hi!

I'm biologist. I had a lime tree in my office.

I know that this is happened if inside isn't enough warm or the air is dry (spray by water).

If you would like that your tree will grow up tall and fast. Change a pot - more large.