Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 decade ago

I have a dwarf Mexican lime tree and the leaves are falling off the tree what could be the problem?

I have a small dwarf Mexican Lime Tree and the leaves are falling off? What could be the problem? I water it once a week and give fertilizer to it about once a month? The tree I have is about 8 months old and is about 3 feet tall but has been losing about 1-3 leaves a day...is that normal? Also any ideas to get it to grow faster? Any special type of fertilizer anyone has used that works better than others for citrus trees? PLEASE no Mexican jokes..I have had enough of them!

The tree is planted outside year around..

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a water problem, too much or not enough will do this.

Could also be a fungal problem which can be easily fixed with with copper, mancozeb and any other fungicide.

Does it have a scale infestation on the leaves? They will suck all of the goodness out, ants will farm them, so if you see them on the plant - you will know scale is there.

Fertilize with a flower and fruit fertilizer, these usually have a ratio of N:P:K 12:24:8, so the higher potassium will strengthen the cells and make the leaves hold a little bit better.

Dwarf Mexican Lime Tree

Could be many things. Do you have little webs on the tips of your trees? I get worms periodically and the leaves curl and then fall off. Usually Sevin takes care of it. I also spray with soap because I don't want to harm the fruit with poisen. What color are your leaves? If yellow you may have too much cold, too much water, too much of something. Call a local nursery or go on line and see what is required for your particular tree. Mex Lime trees are really pretty hard to kill. Mine grow with little care but I do try to deep water when it gets very dry. I don't fertilize and I have limes just about all year long. It sounds like you might be giving it a bit too much care. Sure are the best limes!

i have a lemon tree that this happened to. is it potted? it might be getting over-watered. if it's potted make sure it doesn't have a pan underneath and the pot doesn't sit in water.

do you let it ouside ?

they apriciate to be cold a little.

to much chemical shower i think

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

try

???