I cleaned the interior of the computer and it still does the same thing.?

I have cleaned the interior of my computer by blowing the dust and lint off, and it still does the same thing. Its an HP Pavilion. When it turns itself on, the HP Invent BlueScreen comes on and then it shuts off. It will do it again for a couple of times and shuts itself off. I cannot use the power button on the front. If I unplug it from the back and plug it back in, it will cycle and do the same thing.

Favorite Answer

Call HP Customer Support and ask for assistance.

Have your model and serial numbers ready.

1-800-474-6836

24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products. US: English and Spanish for most products.

Or

You can find your model and help at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodTopCategory...

You may have a major problem here. This may mean that the CPU is gone. Your computer is not even POSTing. This is troubling. Try one thing before we pronounce it dead, remove the CMOS battery off the mobo for a few minutes and then replace it and try to turn on the computer again. See if that works.

Why can't you use the front power button? Did it break or just stop working? It may have unplugged. This sounds like a BIOS, power supply, or software error (the restarting). You might wanna get that checked out? I know how to do it... lol :-P

Without looking at it myself, I would think this is a motherboard issue, or a power supply problem.

it also could be your hard drive. replace it with one you know works and see if that solves your problem.