Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What do you think of ghosts, haunted houses and such?

Being a ghost for all enternity could be hell. I mean having to walk the Earth as some form of energy for all enternity.

Favorite Answer

I think it's entirely bunk. Dreams, waking dreams, hallucinations, imagination, anthropomorphism, denial, wishful thinking, peer pressure, self-delusion, and outright lies. Nothing more.

I don't think they do walk for eternity. For one thing, I suspect time is a very different thing for a ghost. But also, it has been suggested that people are only ghosts for awhile (however long that while may seem to the person who owns the castle), but eventually move on. They roam as ghosts because they cannot get used to the idea that they are dead, and move on once the idea sinks in and they get over their fears about the next step. There are also people who are skilled at talking to ghosts and helping them with this idea, and helping them to have real peace.

• Peace

the ghosts that haunt houses i do not believe are conscious spirit energy

they are a residual energy .. something that just lingers like an imprint on the atmospehere

this usually plays out after a time ... when it gets replaced by other energy there

spirit do not haunt or linger anywhere ... they have better things to do

and ask yourself ... if this was consious , why do they just repeat actions or walk through walls where doors used to be etc ?

nothing more than a memory

I believe in ghost and I believe that the only ones that walk the earth doesn't know that they are dead yet. I also believe that ghost stay on the earth for a little bit but they soon go to where they belong! I also believe that ghost can come back to earth anytime! I just believe that they are in another dimension!

• carole

You have hit the nail on the head. Hell is a state of mind - a mind full of negative emotion, like hate, greed, fear, boredom, bigotry, resentment, etc. If you are mired in this state of mind upon death then you are not likely to notice anything else - including the way "home" and so you remain a spirit existence on the physical plane. I have a friend who has just started escorting them home - well, showing them the door, as it were. It's fascinating.

Peace!

Not sure I believe in it. But then sometimes you do get a feeling about a place. Or a cold shiver when its not even cold. Usually I just think "that's weird" and don't get spooked out. Being trapped on the earth forever would be pretty awful. especially when the sun expands and dies, or whatever it is that it will do, and there's no living things left to watch.

I search out haunted places. Investigating hauntings is very enlightening. I have learned through evp collected that not all spirits are unhappy. Some just choose to remain here but can leave when they want. Those that feel stuck here are by their own volition. They have a reason not to leave. I have recordings of spirits making jokes, and even laughing.

My mother and aunts and grandmother all say they've seen ghosts or spirits - I haven't personally though. I'm kinda the gotta see it to believe it type, so I'm not convinced even when people I know are otherwise rational are sure of what they experienced. I don't know what it'd be like - some portrayals depict the spirts as unaware of time, so maybe it's not as terrible to be one as you're thinking.

Ghosts are very scary!

I don't necessarily believe in them, but just think of how little it would take to convince you!

well think about it this way, we could already be ghost's walking around in "limbo" waiting to go to heaven or hell we dont know. but unlikely i dont believe in god so im not to much in the afterlife either.