Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

how do I boot into DOS without a floppy drive?

I have a machine that doesn't have a floppy drive an I need to boot into DOS to flash the firmware on the DVD Player. I would like to boot off a flash drive. What files do I need to copy to the flash drive in order to make it bootable into DOS?

Favorite Answer

As Windows is booting up, there will be brief period of time where you see a message giving you some choices. When this appears, press F8 and you can boot up in DOS.

I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I'm fairly confident that the provider of your firmware patch also offers the flash drive alternative to the floppy image download.

Please check the site where you downloaded it again. They should at least offer a CD ISO. Nowadays, no new PC comes with a floppy drive.

regards,

Philip T

If you are having Win98 then simply restart in DOS mode.

Or when ur pc is booting press F8 and a boot menu will pop up and from the boot menu select "Run In DOS mode"

you're able to get to DOS in the past homestead windows boots, afterall the DOS gadget boots first. for the time of preliminary powerup, carry the administration key...this might get you a "caught key" errors, asking you to hit any key to proceed...flash the administration key for a 2d and carry down back. The Safemode ideas board will open with the aid of default, and choose "boot to command line" (#5, if i bear in mind suitable, it is been a on an identical time as). From the command line, use the itemizing command ( DIRP ) to scroll the folders to your password document. *the P swith is internet site, with out it the itemizing will flash previous you. *to circulate into the homestead windows folder from DOS, use the subdirectory command ( CDwindows ) etc as you funnel via the folders to the Admin documents. as quickly as placed, you could the two adjust the document onscreen, or merely delete ( Del thisfolder ) the admin folder retaining it...as quickly as restarted in homestead windows it is replaced from the backup/restoration documents interior the partition tension.

Use the usb flash drive make sure you make it bootable.

or

create a bootable cdrom and put your information on it and then boot from cdrom

format the flash drive and include system/bootup files

• Here's a link that may be helpful:

http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

under the start, go to run, and it will take you to the C: