promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is there a difference?

between people who consider themselves to be athesist or agnostic and people who just don't consider Spirituality in any form.

Just a question, nothing rude intended.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in god.

this doesn't mean that they can't be a spiritual person.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sure, I am athesit, I do not believe in god, Jesus, the authenticity of the Bible, nor the holy spirit. I have been involved in religion, studied it, and know more now about Christianity in particular, than most Christians do. I have a big issue with religion since it effects my family and I on a daily basis (being judged by others because of our disbeliefs, being pressured to say the words "under god" in the pledge, having to sit through prayers at networking events, etc.). I am trying to understand why people remain religious, but am having a hard time since there are so many people that are so defensive (as well as offensive) about probing into that realm.

People who just don't consider spirituality aren't concerned with people's beliefs, no matter how it effects them (from the people I know who are not spiritual, they show me this). To me, it is kind of like giving in and just conforming without believeing. They still bow their heads to make it look like the pray and they still participate in religious social demonstration. I can't do that, it is not me.

• 1 decade ago

Well people who don't consider spirituality in any form ... well they don't.

The difference between an atheist and an agnostic is that an atheist does not acknowledge the existence of God, while an agnostic believes there just might be a God but it is impossible to know him.

• 1 decade ago

An atheist denies God.

An agnostic says it really doesn't matter either way.

Christians usually don't see a difference, because they figure both are going to hell anyway, and tend to see things in terms of black and white.

There IS a difference though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

From what I understand, a monotheist believes in one god, a polytheist believes in many gods and an atheist doesn't believe in god at all. Agnostic, however, I understand to mean a person who doesn't subscribe to anyone particular religon, but still keeps an open mind.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

an atheist does'nt biliv in god ... but he may biliv in other forms of spirituality ,,, wheras the later totally does'nt consider sprituality in any form .

• 1 decade ago

i guess....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.