promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

At what age do babies start to use pillows?

When is it safe and when do they start to desire to use them?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mine started at about a year. She would bundle up her blanket and put it under her head like a pillow so I figured it was time to get her one. My doctor agreed it is was okay.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Personal opinion only: I didnt give my son a pillow until he went in to a big boy bed which was at 2 yrs and 9 months. I say if they are still in a crib they are too little for a pillow.

• 1 decade ago

My daughter asked for a pillow while still in her crib. She was 19 months old. We gave her a doll pillow. Once she moved into her toddler bed she got a toddler size pillow.

I'd wait until they ask for one. If they are still in the crib use a very small one otherwise that can become a stepping stool and you want them in that crib as long as you can get lol

• 1 decade ago

My daughter started sleeping on a pillow at 13 months. Each child is different.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a baby and small child not only doesn't need a pillow, it can be very dangerous to them. i know, i am a mom, and i would think, "oh he needs a little tiny pillow, it would be so sweet". but i waited until my son was in a toddler bed and was over 2 years before he got a very nice set of winnie the pooh sheets and his very own pillow.

• 1 decade ago

I gave my baby a fairly-thin pillow at about 17 months. She is still in a crib. She loves her pillow! I just felt bad because i would hate to just sleep on a mattress...

• 4 years ago

My infant's surgeon pronounced that I positioned a pillow below the sheets to circumvent suffocation @ 6months. My daughter is eleven a million/2 months now she makes use of her pillow for cuddling even as slumbering for the reason that 9 months,

• 1 decade ago

I would say 2 but I bought my son a toddler pillow and he uses it in his crib and he is 16 months old.He loves it!

• 1 decade ago

Mine started at about a year old. My daughter spit up really bad if she lay flat on her back, so I put a pillow under her matress to raise it a little.

• 1 decade ago

mine never wanted pillows until about 2

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.