At what age do babies start to use pillows?

When is it safe and when do they start to desire to use them?

Favorite Answer

Mine started at about a year. She would bundle up her blanket and put it under her head like a pillow so I figured it was time to get her one. My doctor agreed it is was okay.

Personal opinion only: I didnt give my son a pillow until he went in to a big boy bed which was at 2 yrs and 9 months. I say if they are still in a crib they are too little for a pillow.

My daughter asked for a pillow while still in her crib. She was 19 months old. We gave her a doll pillow. Once she moved into her toddler bed she got a toddler size pillow.

I'd wait until they ask for one. If they are still in the crib use a very small one otherwise that can become a stepping stool and you want them in that crib as long as you can get lol

My daughter started sleeping on a pillow at 13 months. Each child is different.

a baby and small child not only doesn't need a pillow, it can be very dangerous to them. i know, i am a mom, and i would think, "oh he needs a little tiny pillow, it would be so sweet". but i waited until my son was in a toddler bed and was over 2 years before he got a very nice set of winnie the pooh sheets and his very own pillow.

I gave my baby a fairly-thin pillow at about 17 months. She is still in a crib. She loves her pillow! I just felt bad because i would hate to just sleep on a mattress...

My infant's surgeon pronounced that I positioned a pillow below the sheets to circumvent suffocation @ 6months. My daughter is eleven a million/2 months now she makes use of her pillow for cuddling even as slumbering for the reason that 9 months,

I would say 2 but I bought my son a toddler pillow and he uses it in his crib and he is 16 months old.He loves it!

Mine started at about a year old. My daughter spit up really bad if she lay flat on her back, so I put a pillow under her matress to raise it a little.

mine never wanted pillows until about 2