IncDivaInk asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

When you go to bed, what do you think right before you sleep, and if you dream-is it in color?

• Favorite Answer

I always think before I sleep....on various subjects...and I always dream in colour and sound

I'm fairly sure I lose consiousness before falling asleep *in other words, i couldn't tell you what i think about right before passing out* because in the morning, if I was with friends, I get told that we had been talking for a little longer than I remember. Kinda like a "blackout" only with no alcohol involved.

As for dreams, I think whoever said most people dream in black and white was either talking for a different generation than mine or interveiwing only the colorblind. The generational gap makes sense, though. Years ago, before my time, the world was seen in "black and white" in the sense of good/bad, right/wrong. I think it makes sense that it would carry over in a more literal sense to the dreamworld, don't you?

But I dream in color, all the time as far as I know. Allways true to life color, not the kind that sets the mood. Could be a horrific nightmare and I'll wake up remembering some chick's lime green tank top. I'd like to figure out if that makes me weird...

My thoughts vary before sleep. Sometimes I drift off while praying and my dreams may reflect what I was praying about. At times an answer to my prayer even comes in the dream. My dreams are always in color.

Usually I dream about what I did that day or my family. It really depends. I'm not sure if my dreams or in color or not because sometimes I can't remeber them. I have dreamed in color before but I think that's rare.

I think of the days activities, the people I have encountered and the experiences I have garnered. Yes, we do dream in color because we see the world in color, our brain specifically the limbic system, stores these memories in color. When we process these memories and the day's residues and activities, we do it during the Rapid Eye Movement stage of sleep (REM). Our brain is hyperactive and our body is in a paralyzed state. Yes, we do dream in color.

I review my day and what I have to do the next day. Sometimes if I have something big going on the next day I have dreams that horrible things happen to ruin it! I always dream in color.

I usually think, "time to sleep....". And I always dream in color.

i think about what time i have to get up, i think of my gf, and sleep just happens. my dreams that i remember are always in color. its weird

My dream is in colour, yes. I think about my gf and Hong Kong.