When is the best time to tell your boss that your pregnant?

Favorite Answer

my boss was actually one of the first people i told i was pregnant, i was around 10 weeks at the time. telling your boss means he/she can allow extra comfort breaks for example going to the toilet more often. also she can ensure you get suitable time off for antenatal, andd docs appts, also he/she can make sure that your working environment is safe for you still.

I told my supervisors when i found out at about 5 weeks ONLY because I was having a very hard time with morning sickness and fatigue. I was needing to leave work early or come in late a lot because I was so sick and tired. I also had to stop taking medication for my Adult ADD, which caused a considerable change in my work habits. If I hadn't told them I was pregnant they may have looked at me very poorly since I was missing work and my productivity went down. After I told them, they were so much more understanding of my needs.

However, I didn't tell anyone at work other than my 2 supervisors until I was further along. I only told the people who closely watched my job performance and quality of work.

If your job may be on the line because of severe pregnancy symptoms I think it's worth it to let your boss know ASAP.

I was really paranoid about telling my boss I was pregnant because I thought he would fire me I know it is illegal to do so but i was still nervous also because i just started working there. I told him after the 3 months probationary period he took it fine he said congratulations I mean my pregnancy was not affecting my work i still showed up on time and everyday and never called in. He took it well and is even offering me a better position when I return. I recommend telling him when you are about 5 months pregnant cause then your proving you can still do the work at that far along. GOOD LUCK!!! =)

Source(s): Me

I told my boss when I was about 3 or 4 months with my first child. But, my second child I knew my boss really well and I told her when I found out. She and I were kind of friends though.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 11 weeks and I've got my first ultrasound scheduled Jan 8. I intend to tell my boss after I know the results of the ultrasound.

I'm curious to hear what other people have to say.

Congrats to you! And me too!!!

When you are about 3 months pregnant. This gives them 6 months to find someone to do your job when you are away. Depending on the type of job you have, say are job that you physically interact with people tell them as soon as possible. (I worked at a treatment center for abused children I told them when it was confirmed by the doctor, due to saftey issues)

everyone says that after ur 3 months prego---just because thats when ur critical stage passes. I told my boss the same day I foudn out---and I was like 7 weeks

I wouldn't make a big deal of it right away but sometime it has to come out. If your job doesn't invlove you do something that could harm your baby I would wait until you are probably around four or five months. Around that time you probably won't be able to hide it anymore.

unless you have very relaxed friendly boss I would wait until about 4 months

Probably before you tell his wife. Gives you a little more leverage.

Just kidding. You should tell him as soon as possible so that he can make arrangements when you go on maternity leave. If you leave it too long you will make it harder for everyone at your workplace.