does hosting images on another server reduce bandwidth usage?

I need to reduce bandwidth usage on my host, if I host images on another site (I.E. Photobucket) will my bandwidth usage be reduced?

Favorite Answer

It will if the site you host the images on will allow it. It's called remote linking and a lot of host sites will not allow it.

Source(s): Florida State Technology Office.
  • lewis

between the perfect techniques is to quit the courses that are already there, instead of including extra (maximum "compression" courses do surely no longer something). extremely some Updater courses scouse borrow bandwidth once you're actually not finding. For me, that consists of homestead windows replace, Adobe Updater, and a slough of different little courses. To do away with a number of those updaters, hit homestead windows+R, kind "msconfig" and press enter. From there, bypass to the Startup tab, and uncheck, nicely.. each and every thing. Printer-or-scanner appropriate stuff could be important yet you could continually re-run this gadget later if something does not artwork. Restart your laptop and you will benefit up a sprint consistent bandwidth. yet another gadget is Adblock Plus for Firefox. It no longer in basic terms saves bandwidth, it additionally removes the classified ads it does not load and saves your laptop from a ton of scams. @Colanth: Adblock Plus DOES shop bandwidth, with the aid of no longer loading the large, stressful commercials might in any different case deliver as extra suitable documents. Smaller text cloth classified ads will nevertheless be downloaded yet their length is somewhat insignificant to protecting bandwidth (and that they are hidden besides).

Yes, as long as the host will allow it, it will use less bandwidth. The bandwidth is measured by how many users access files/pages on the server, it the images are on another server you will be utilizing less bandwidth on your host's server.