what should i become if i like to analyze human behavior?

im curious for answers...BTW im a frshman

Favorite Answer

I have a bachelor degree in Sociology and a minor in Psychology. Although I'm not using these now (I've got my kids to care for now-lol). My definitions are: Psychology is the study of why people do what they do and digs into the brain and how it actually functions or dysfunctions. Sociology is the study of what people do and how they react in given situations. Sociologists are not interested in the why (that's psychology) but interested in the what and how. So depending on which one is more how you analyze, that would be an area of study. Both degrees can get you jobs with the mentally ill, emotionally handicapped, developmentally disabled, addictions, or working with normal people in abnormal environments. An FBI profiler is a very glamorous job that would need a Doctorate degree. Depending on what kind of money you want to make- most Bachelor degrees in either field are not paid very well. Masters degrees and Doctorates are where the money is. I quit working in my profession as a mental health case manager in middle management in a group home in the midwest in 1998 making only $26, 000 (this was after working for 4 years with them). Granted that was quite a while ago but many social work jobs, the employers love to hire new college graduates because they can pay them less and work them harder. This makes the burn out rate pretty high for the 20 somethings in this field. So, no matter what career you choose. Choose well, know your limits, know what you are worth, and don't be afraid to try different things to find what you like. In the mean time, I don't know if you're a freshman in high school or college but either way- find co. that look like interesting jobs and see if they will allow you to do volunteer work at their co. Good luck!

I'm actually very interested in the exact same thing. My school has many courses to take that relate to that, maybe you have some of the same options, such as anthropology, psychology and sociology. You could become an anthropologist, psycologist, or a sociologist. There are many other options out there, but those are pretty basic ones that I suggest looking up.

• Linda

A Psychiatrist, Psychologist, an FBI Profiler, a poll taker, (analyzer), a Sociologist, an Anthropologist, a student counselor, a political analyst, statistics, and you can talk with a student adviser, they can help you a lot.....

Well a good major would be sociology, but I still haven't exactly figured out what you can do with a degree in that. Other fields are psycology or child development. Just take classes and see which ones appeal to you. Sometimes you'll suprise yourself at where your talents and interests are. Trust me I never thought I would have majored in Agricultural Economics, but I loved it and was really good at it. Take a chance and try something new, and remember it's just a class, a major, or a job, it's not permenant.

Behavioral Psychologist..... The field that studies and analyzes human behavior

A sociologist or psychologist of sorts. Probably a psychologist of human behaviors or development.

Honestly. Auto sales rep. That will be the best lesson in human psychology, you will ever receive. The people I would meet in public were completely different when they met me on the lot.

A psychologist. Take an aptitude test.

Psychologist, reseacher, a writer, etc.

a psych i think that that guy who said a FBI profiler would be a great profession.