promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are you annoyed by the saying "If I can do it, so can you"...?

I'm hearing this a lot lately and it is starting to drive me nuts

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, because everyone is different and just because someone can do something doesn't mean everyone else can too. They say it a lot for weight loss and it is soooo annoying because what works is different for everyone.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No, I am not annoyed at all by this statement because it is a great thing to say to someone, because if you're the person saying it, then that means that you have passed up unsurmountable odds in order to accomplish whatever the goal is, and the person who you are talking to, may not have that many hurdles so they shouldn't feel down on themselves. When I hear that saying, it usually picks me up, and makes me want to do somethig, because I think someone else had a much tougher time than I did, so why should I complain?

Source(s): This is a very good question
  • 1 decade ago

I think it's funny when people say that because they have no confidence in themself but at the same time they are expecting everyone to be like them. Each person has their own unique abilities and talent and people have to understand that we're not a carbon copy of them.. We can't do everything that they can do...

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it bothers me, too, because only you know your own limits and for someone else to impose on you that is so wrong. Just do what you can do and that is it. That is how people get hurt by listening to others. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes that is so annoying and there is another one that annoys me alot because it messes with my head "What goes around comes around"

• 1 decade ago

Yeah.

If a guy with one arm says "I wish i could use the monkeybars." and his friend with 2 arms sats "If I can di it, so can you." Then his friend is stupid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope its a good saying to someone who thinks they cant do it but you can. Cause anybody can do what another does.

• 1 decade ago

yes that is very annoying when people say that

• dee
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

with you packer chick, have learned to just say, well go ahead and do it then, I'll watch and learn, seems to get them every time

• guess
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yeah! it is very annoying....and i don't believe it's true,,,but what the heck, just go with the flow if you can't beat then join them,,,,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.