Are you annoyed by the saying "If I can do it, so can you"...?

I'm hearing this a lot lately and it is starting to drive me nuts

Favorite Answer

Yes, because everyone is different and just because someone can do something doesn't mean everyone else can too. They say it a lot for weight loss and it is soooo annoying because what works is different for everyone.

No, I am not annoyed at all by this statement because it is a great thing to say to someone, because if you're the person saying it, then that means that you have passed up unsurmountable odds in order to accomplish whatever the goal is, and the person who you are talking to, may not have that many hurdles so they shouldn't feel down on themselves. When I hear that saying, it usually picks me up, and makes me want to do somethig, because I think someone else had a much tougher time than I did, so why should I complain?

Source(s): This is a very good question

I think it's funny when people say that because they have no confidence in themself but at the same time they are expecting everyone to be like them. Each person has their own unique abilities and talent and people have to understand that we're not a carbon copy of them.. We can't do everything that they can do...

Yes, it bothers me, too, because only you know your own limits and for someone else to impose on you that is so wrong. Just do what you can do and that is it. That is how people get hurt by listening to others. :)

Yes that is so annoying and there is another one that annoys me alot because it messes with my head "What goes around comes around"

Yeah.

If a guy with one arm says "I wish i could use the monkeybars." and his friend with 2 arms sats "If I can di it, so can you." Then his friend is stupid.

Nope its a good saying to someone who thinks they cant do it but you can. Cause anybody can do what another does.

yes that is very annoying when people say that

• dee

with you packer chick, have learned to just say, well go ahead and do it then, I'll watch and learn, seems to get them every time

• guess

yeah! it is very annoying....and i don't believe it's true,,,but what the heck, just go with the flow if you can't beat then join them,,,,