Is the tobacco smoking debate as heated in the LGBT community as it is in the 'straight' community?

Favorite Answer

Well I'm bi, I smoke, and I get complained to about by all different kinds of people. So I guess, yes...

I only know one gay guy in real life that doesn't smoke. Just something I've found really.

There really isn't much difference apart from that. And what is it with all the people who say smokers are suicidal and/or stupid? Alcohol is bad for you too you know, so are you suicidal or just stupid? Christ, everything is bad for you these days, get on with life and do what you want.

And I think this thread has proved it is.

I never thought of smoking as a heterosexual/homosexual topic. It is a topic that people discuss with everyone. I quit smoking but I do not mind if my friends or partners do it. The only difference now would be that I could not date a smoker. It would be too trying on me, but sex with them. HECK YEAH!!!!

Well I must be stupid - coz I aint suicidal (anymore).

No, this is one issue that transcends sexual orientation. It may be that the "cattiness" associated with the stereotypical homosexual would make it appear to be more heated, though.

I doubt it actually is.

• ?

No debate.

Stupid and/or suicidal people smoke, others don't.

this is too easy!!!!!