Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

I'm planning my wedding and I alway have that feeling like I am forgetting something??

Anyone else have that? I have the wedding planner book and I use the knot.com but I alway have to rethink to make sure I am not forgetting something. I have a lot of stuff done and my wedding isn't until Nov 3 2007. Anyone or know of anyone who ever forgot to do something/or buy something for the wedding?

Favorite Answer

When I was planning my wedding a year ago I found it really nice to buy storage tubs and put everything in it that I purchased. I also used a three ring binder with page protectors and keeped everything in the same place. When it came to the wedding day my husband was able to pick it up that morning and bring it with, with out me calling to make sure he got everything. It also worked nice through out the day. I made one for the reception hall, favors, name cards, candles, centerpieces, cake topper, special instructions for the decorator and the card holder(mine was a bird cage) and extra ribbon. The second one was for me, extra shoes, nylons, emergency beauty kit (clear nail polish, file, tweezers, clipper, needle & thread, hair pony, bobbie pins, safty pins, extra glasses screws and driver, lip stick, lip gloss, extra pair of earings) 2 bottles of water, trail mix(peanuts, M&M, pretzels and rasins) perfume, jewlery, your special stuff you need, small zip-up sweater, small purse, socks, stain remover pads or tide bleach pen. The third was extra stuff for the church, decorations, guest book and pen(I used scrapbooking pens), bubbles, unity candle and extra side candles, programs, flower girl basket, and ringbearer pillow, wet wipes, a table cloth or sheet to but your dress on when you are getting dressed out doors, and anything the groom would need, the rings in boxes. special note for the groom on how happy you are to almost be his wife.

Something I should have had: floral tape and wire, one of the main flowers in my arrangment broke during pictures and we tried everything and ended up having to go get some. A list of the pictures I wanted taken...think of everything...have one huge family picture, both sides in one. I also learned that in the pictures you need to push your shoulders down and stand up really tall or you loose your neck : ) also but your flowers down more (almost straight arms). Give someone the job to be your gopher...the less stress you have the more fun it will be. Best friends that are not in the party are good choices. Encourage other people to take a lot of seemingly unimportant pictures you may really appieciate them later. For example: have the groom give your maid of honor his ring, and the bride give the best man her ring or Putting on your make-up.

Best of Luck...you will be a beautiful happy stress free bride. Rember to have fun and enjoy every minute. Sorry to long.

• Jacy

I too had this constant feeling that I was forgetting something. I am guessing that you are a very organized person that likes to plan things out. I had everything planned and organized and still couldn't shake that feeling. The only things that went wrong were that the cake company forgot the flowers that were supposed to decorate the cake so they used my throw bouquet which meant that I then had to throw my real bouquet. And the really big scare came when I was driving to the wedding location only 15 minutes before the wedding I saw our best man, my husband's brother, on the side of the road getting a speeding ticket.

Double-check yourself with TheWeddingChannel.com's checklist. Theirs doesn't mention gifts/corsages/bouttonnieres for the parents, though, so there's something. I created an Excel workbook with 13 pages(!) to help me stay organized. As things got done, the workbook shrunk, and now it's down to 5 pages. Did you purchase a guest book? Do you have something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue? Have you booked a caterer? Maybe ask him/her if there's anything you'll need for the meal that isn't covered in the service. Also, make sure you have a bride's wedding day kit with items like nail files, hair pins, hair spray, cosmetics, safety pins, and anything else you can think of that you might need in a pinch.

I'm sure you'll have a beautiful and unforgettable wedding day.

There is A LOT of pressure in planning a wedding. And there's always that in the back of your mind. But if you have checked things off your list as you get them done, rest assured the wedding will be a wonderful day.

Understand though, there is human error.

And when you get right down to it, all you really need is you, the groom & the officiant.

Source(s): Cincinnati wedding minister

I forgot flowers on mine :). Such a simple, simple thing but I had to run out and get the materials to make an aritficial arrangement on my wedding day! The best thing I can say is to write everything down, you can never have too many lists. Purchase binders and index tabs to keep everything separated and in the same place. Good luck with your planning!

Source(s): Experience!!!

I forgot to have my bird seed bundles passed out to be thrown. If anyone is interested in them let me know.

The best advice I got when planning my wedding was, "The day after it doesn't matter anymore." Nothing major will go wrong -- anything you see as "not right" more than likely will go unnoticed by the guests. Have a good time and just go with the flow.

Get yourself a planner, and keep all your reciepts and details in it. Most wedding planners give you ideas of a timeline to get things done, so it can be very helpful in remembering all the details.

Source(s): I'm a newlywed