itunes question?

how do i get videos from ares to itunes so i can put them on my ipod. i tried the drag method, and also import, niether worked

Favorite Answer

It depends on what format those files were initially in--there are lots of different formats that video files can come in. Some file formats can't be dragged, and have to be converted using third-party tools. Some file formats *can* be dragged into iTunes and be converted into an iPod compatible format.

It depends on which version of itunes you have. I know that the newer ones do it for you and you just have to decide what you want. There's the program and stuff. I don't think the drag method works...i made playist so that worked. Goood Luck!

First you have to convert them. I use this program:

www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod

This program will convert almost any file format video into an MPEG4 or an h.264 (the only 2 file formats iPods can play.)

After you convert the files to an MPEG4 or h.264, go File>Add file or File>Add folder in iTunes to import the file into your iTunes library.

Source(s): www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod

You have to convert them.

it depends on your itunes.