Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you think that some people have a easier time being Christian because they have a "good" personality?

Favorite Answer

Sometimes. I look at other shiny happy people and think "it must be easier for them to be good"... but only because I know how bad I really am inside.

But cheer up... no one is perfect, and God judges up based on our effort, not on our results.

Again, the sad state of the public's understanding of Christianity. It doesn't matter if you are "good" or not. Christianity is not about simply being a good person, it is about knowing and believing in Jesus as the Son of God. Christianity isn't exclusively for "good" people, anyone can accept Jesus into their lives. Once you do, you will notice a change in lifestyle and attitude by studying his teachings.

I have a very good personality, am a very good person, beloved by many, many people, and highly respected by my local theatre community. I am, in fact, off now to try to find a stray cat I encountered on Monday so I can hopefully catch the friendly little thing and find it a home. My very good, loving, caring, thoughtful personality is one of the things that made it so hard for me to accept Christianity, however, because as good as I am, I am not a following sheep, nor will I let myself be walked on, and that is why I finally walked away from Christianity.

)O(

Hello SAM (Secret Asian Man),

No, I think people have an easier time being Christian because of there relationship with Jesus, the more you study Gods word the more you get to know him and the more peace, security, and confident you have in your self. Good luck

Being a Christian isn't based on personality. God made us all and loves us all, but has a desire for all mankind to come to repentance and trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior. If personality had anything to do with it, we'd all be in trouble because no one can save themselves. Adam messed up for all of us. Only Jesus can save no matter what type of personality you have.

No. I think "bad" people have an easier time being Christian. Christianity makes up excuses for them.

• Ivar

No, not at all. The essence of being Christian is to recognize that we have a "bad personality" and need salvation.

i don't know that it's necessarily THAT. i think that when you become a TRUE Christian, it changes YOU. your personality, demeanor, everything. besides, i have known a couple of people who were almost evil before they were saved, and now are some of the most wonderful Christian people you will ever meet.

• Shossi

I think some have an easier time because they do not constantly push their religion and ''holier than thou'' attitude on other people.

No, my husband can be as cranky as a bear in winter, but he is a great Christian.