Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Who would non-believers make fun of if everyone converted to Atheism?

OK, so who would all people make fun of if there no religion?

Favorite Answer

politicians?

• !

When considering the behaviour of a howitzer:

A mathematician will be able to calculate where the shell will land.

A physicist will be able to explain how the shell gets there.

An engineer will stand there and try to catch it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q. Did you hear the one about the statistician?

A. Probably....

Three engineers and three accountants are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three accountants each buy tickets and watch as the three engineers buy only a single ticket. "How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks an accountant. "Watch and you'll see," answers an engineer.

They all board the train. The accountants take their respective seats but all Three engineers cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets.

He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on.

The accountants saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the accountants decide to copy the engineers on the return trip and save some money.

When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the engineers buy no tickets at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed accountant. "Watch and you'll see," answers an engineer.

When they board the train the three accountants cram into a restroom and the three engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the engineers leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the accountants are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "ticket please."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A mathematician, a biologist and a physicist are sitting in a street cafe watching people going in and coming out of the house on the other side of the street. First they see two people going into the house. Time passes. After awhile, they see three people coming out of the house. The physicist: "The measurement wasn't accurate." The biologist: "They have reproduced." The mathematician: "If now exactly one person enters the house then it will be empty again."

Only ignorant people who started to make Atheism a religion.

I don't make fun of believers, I get angry that so many rules of society and laws voted into our communities have a religious base. My daughter is being harrassed in 1st grade by a boy in her class saying that she is going to burn in hell if she doesn't believe in god. She has a hard time saying "under god" and also the girl scout pledge, because she has taken the stance that she doesn't believe (she may have mirrored our opinions on religion, but we haven't taught her that).

I do the same thing, all of my community groups, network meetings, etc., that pray and say the plegde, I feel like a total outsider. So I don't make fun of believers, but I do get upset where I have to live in a society that is overun with religious laws, issues, and traditions. (And no, I cannot move to another country, I was born here and do not have the money to move my family out of the area).

Fair point I suppose, but that's likely the only thing we atheists have in common not believing in God.

We don't spend all our yahoo time in just this category we also make fun of each other in other category's , in fact we don't always 'make fun of'.

Atheists are just like other folk except we freely admit we don't believe in God , it follows also that we don't believe in all the religious cr*p that is part and parcel of the deal.

Unlike the religious groups we have other things we can debate. Like 'What is your favorite color'?? 'Do you think he really likes me'??

Oh dear I'm getting tired I'll just have my little pill and get to bed, the vodka seems to have evaporated while I was answering your question, or my new kitten has been dipping into it again, shes acting very strange swinging about on the lamp shade. G'night.

If there was no religion, then the atheists who have no morals and believe in moral relativism and would make fun of the atheists who do have morals and believe that there is a such thing as universal morals and ethics.

In other words, the people who believe there is no such thing as right or wrong and that good and evil are just opinions would make fun of people who believe that there is such a thing as good and evil.

"Converting" to something implies an acceptance of a codified system of beliefs, which, from my understanding, doesn't describe Atheism at all.

All non-believers in the Hebrew god aren't atheists.

But, to answer your question, us non-believers would throw a big party where everyone danced naked around a very big bonfire to the beat of many drums.

Do you now see the light and wish to "convert"?

If everyone converted to atheism, the concept of 'non-believers' wouldn't exist.

The French.

Paris Hilton. Rosie O'Donnell. Britney Spears....the list is endless. Actually, that's usually my focus for mockery. I want people to respect my beliefs, so I try to do the same to others.

We'd make fun of how silly the theists used to be, and everyone would join in the laughter.

they would find something else to make fun of. maybe their attacks would be diverted to Buddhists and Hindu's