promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do my programs constantly stop responding? What a pain.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This may be because you might be opening many programs simultaneously and your memory of RAM might be too small to handle them...or maybe sometimes due to overheating it may arise.But if the problem is not sometimes....but occurs many a times...then you should try to open few programs simultaneously or increase your RAM size.

Also check if there is any virus in your pc,as it might also affect pc's memory to a large extent and delay other processes in the PC.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sounds like you are low on memory or spyware. Run a spyware sweep, defrag drives, remove all temporary files after which you should check your cookie build up all within Internet options in control panel or tools/Internet options at the top of Internet Explorer. You might want to turn on Task manager to see what all is running and check your start up programs and disable if not needed. Run spyware and virus sweeps as well as malware or bad or rouge software. Hope this helps. Oh also make sure all your settings (security, privacy, connectivity and that your up to date on all software as well as windows updates and computor updates, firmware and current drivers. Good luck, God Bless and run at least 2 to 3 different anti-spware programs with auto schedules and auto updates.

Source(s): 7 years of troubles
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First check and make sure you don't have bad computer memory, then do a full virus/spyware scan.

Also make sure you don't have too many programs loading when you boot up windows.

Check this site for info regarding that

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm

If all else fails and the problem persists I would do a full partition and fresh install XP with SP2 (or whichever OS you are using)

• hwang
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The physique is extremely good at cleansing itself. All this BS on tele is advertising scum attempting to sell you cr@p. straight forward detox: a lot of water. approximately 4 litres consistent with day. stay faraway from caffeine. a lot of crimson fruit and veg (Tomatoes, carrots aubergines, crimson cabbage. Betacarrotine is an invaluable anti-oxidant. supply your self 3 days or so and take no drugs. you'll be fantastic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey man run a virus scan maybe it has to many also if you dont get anti spam and all these things that block bad things. Thats what my computer had but i screwd it up. If you have limewire and its not the new one you are probobly filling your computer with a bunch of virus so check it. Run those things if it dosen't work email me .

Source(s): im stduying for that
  • 1 decade ago

run memtest, and see how it goes.

because it's either a heat or ram issue.

• 1 decade ago

your computer probualy has a virus

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.