promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Itunes keeps on crashing when I try to import CDs into it. The whole computer crashes.?

I have tried installing and reinstalling Itunes. The computer works fine normally. Any suggestions?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

check your registry, you might now have multiple itunes entry's inside there.... Also, you might want to reinstall it, into a different folder than the original one, like itunes1, or something.... It also sounds like a .dll file error, if you downloaded itunes, I suggest downloading somewhere else. If the problem still exists after all this, then there's a problem with windows registering the .dll files, and a clean installation would fix that. If its from a CD, the CD itself may have a corrupted file within' itself that's causing the crash. Also, you might want to check how much ram & hd space you have. iF your running low on hard drive space, importing CD's might take you under the 10% mark, at which windows would crash. If your not using enough RAM, it can crash too. Your CDROM might be having a small read error while installing too, which can happen on CDROMS that have been used extensively. There's plenty of problems that can arise, knock each of them out, and you'll find the exact problem if you haven't already.

come check out my music @ http://www.mindsetentertainmentinc.net

Music is in the Music link..

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ferrie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

bypass to the start button and seek for equipment fix interior the search field on the bottom, then click on equipment fix %. a fix factor beforehand you began experiencing complications and then basically save on with the on reveal instructions

• 1 decade ago

Get a Mac.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.