i need help with RD's joke rules?
its for the 2007 tell a joke contest, the page that has the rules wont' load on my computer so i'm wondering if you could please tell me the age requirements.
heres the link that will not load for me
10 points for someone
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. This contest is open to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older. Employees and immediate family members of The Reader's Digest Association, or their affiliated or subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate. Contest is governed by the laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Five semifinalists will be selected based on the following criteria: Humor 50% and Delivery 50%. All submissions must be family friendly to be considered. Inappropriate humor will be rejected. All entrants will be screened by Reader's Digest staff. Five semifinalists will go to New York, where they will perform their joke at a venue in New York City to be designated by Reader's Digest. The joke will be judged by humor professionals using the criteria indicated above. All five finalists must prepare a second joke meeting the same criteria. After this round of joke telling, the two top scorers will tell their second joke. The first joke will account for 80% of the final vote, the second joke 20%. One Grand Prize winner will be selected. Decision of the judges is final. All prizes will be awarded.
3. To enter call (888) 540-JOKE or (888) 540-5653 and follow the instructions. Entrants will listen to the brief instructions and be given two minutes to tell a joke and leave their name, address, phone number, email address and a few details about themselves to be used solely for the purposes of this Contest. Entrants who have someone else tell the joke for them will be disqualified.
4. Reader's Digest is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed telephone transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures. All entries become the property of Reader's Digest. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
5. Prize(s): Five finalists will receive two nights in a double occupancy room for two people in a Manhattan hotel, domestic economy airfare for two to New York City from the major airport closest to each finalist's home, the opportunity to perform the joke at a venue designated by Reader's Digest and a $500 cash stipend. (Approximate retail value: $3,000 each. Approximate total retail value: $15,000). One Grand Prize winner will also win a prize valued at $500 (or the cash equivalent). The Grand Prize winner will also be featured in Reader's Digest magazine. Finalists must be available to come to New York on a date specified by Reader's Digest, sometime in early 2007. Hotel will be selected by Reader's Digest. Hotel stay includes standard double occupancy accommodations, hotel taxes and service charge. Finalists are responsible for all other expenses, including airport transfers, long distance telephone charges, gratuities, store purchases, meals, beverages and incidentals. All other taxes, if any, are the Finalists' responsibility as well as travel risks, insurance, any hotel accommodations before or after the trip is taken. Reader's Digest will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the Finalists' acceptance or use of the prize. All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize(s) are no longer available. Finalists will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, travel release and media use release within two (2) weeks from the date of the notification letter or an alternate finalist may be selected. Each Finalist's travel companion will also be required to execute a release prior to travel.
6. Contest closes December 31, 2006. Winner will be notified by regular mail and email (if possible) within six weeks of that date. All Finalists, including the Grand Prize winner, will be required to agree to the use of their name and likeness and entry for promotional purposes (except where prohibited by law). Finalists and Grand Prize winner will be required to grant to Reader's Digest all rights, titles and interest in entry.
7. Reader's Digest reserves the right to terminate or modify this contest at any time in the event of any intervention with the promotion beyond the control of Reader's Digest. In such a circumstance, finalists and Grand Prize winner will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reader's Digest will be included in the final judging.
8. The total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 5,000.
9. Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prize winners, or have any questions about the Contest, specify your request and write to: Tell Us a Joke Contest Rules, Reader's Digest Association, Inc., P.O. Box 100, Pleasantville, New York 10572-0100.
Last Updated: 2006-05-12
- Beth BLv 51 decade ago
18 or older
- 1 decade ago
I DONT HAVE ANY