Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

How do i cope with my bf being in jail i cant bond him out and he is also wanted by another county for another

offense, so how do i deal with him being there not knowing how long for and then when hes done there another place wants him how am i to deal with that.

Favorite Answer

Find another man that doesnt frequent the county jail...

depends where his is and what he did. The best thing he has to do when he gets out is turn himself in. Just me patient and it will all work out for you you'll seee. My brother got himself in to some deep s hit last month and was in jail for it but since the jails are so croweded here in LA, California- they let him go the next day. His offense was burlary and he was supposed to serve 3 months. I don't know what kind of offense you man has but- depending on it and how the State you live in is how log he'll be there. IF they gave him months or years- he will most likely have to serve less time than what the judge gives him depending on his behavior.

I know you may not want to hear it but you deserve alot better than some man that is going to stay in jail all the time because he can't do right. You need to end that relationship now and find a man that will be there for you at all times not behind some jail bars telling you he love you.

You sound like a true ride or die chick. I know your man is glad he has you on his side. The first thing you should do is make yourself as available as possible for him. Now don't get me wrong, don't let the brother run up your phone with collect calls if you have kids. But you should try to make it to every court date that you can to show your support, and find out all you can regarding his case so you can let him know when he calls or writes. As for you stay strong! there is no doubt that this will be hard. Spend time with friends and family who understand your situation and are willing to talk things out with you. keep yourself and kids (if any) busy. And most important pray for his safety and your sanity. I am so sorry sista,keep your head up! And don't let a back stabbing guy get in your mans place. You are a WOMAN AND YOU CAN HANDLE THIS, HELL WE WERE BORN STRONG! you got this.

I'm still trying to figure out why you want him. If he is jail and obviously has done things to put him there as well as doing more offenses to warrant more time in another jail, what makes him such a perfect match for you? Your wasting your time.

It is so easy for everyone to say move on and leave him but they are not in your situation. I have been where you are and I have also been where he is, too. Just because he is in jail does not mean that he is a loser and not worthy of love. I am a great person that learned from my mistakes in life and so can he. Love and support him while he is there. Send lots of cards and visit him if possible. Help him to figure out what it is that is causing his reckless behavior. If it is drugs or alcohol, urge him to seek help. Jail does create many opportunities for one to change if he wants to. He obviously has some problems that he needs to address and things he needs to change to ensure a productive life for himself. Stand by him, encourage change, and pray for him alot. It is these times in life that we find our true friends. Take this time day by day to gain knowledge and strength. Your life is impt too so do not stop doing what you must do for yourself. Hang in there and hope he uses his time wisely and productively.

If your boyfriend was any kind of a good person he wouldn't be in jail. You need to move on with your life and find someone who is honest and good. What ever he did...... was wrong. You should know if he did the crime he has to do the time. Move on.

• Erika

Is the BOND $2000 or is the BAIL$2,000? That makes a difference. If the Bond is $2,000 and you post $3 hundred in money plus collateral to attend to the stability of the $2,000 then your collateral isn't decrease back to you till you pay the the rest $2000 in money. which you will say bye bye to.

• lex

do you really need to scrape the bottom of that barrel for a boyfriend,,,if you think nothing of it now it may seem nothing at all later when you are a prison wife,,dont handle anything,find someone who feels their freedom and you are worth more than a quick lawbreaking session,,if you accept this from a partner you are setting yourself up for very low self esteem later on in life.

Move on with your life, sounds like it is a begining of what the road will look like in the future.