I bruise easily.. should I be worried?

Most of the time it's from bumping into things.. but sometimes just small taps on my hands or hips cause bruising... is this something to worry about?

Sometimes I bruise for no apparent reason.. I have bruises on my legs that seem to have just magically appeared.

I'm just a teen, I'm not a drinker at all. I'm thinking maybe youth could be a contruibuting factor? I really dunno.

Favorite Answer

Worry. The only things you SHOULD worry about are the things that are in your control and you,re not controlling. Hence, while anything COULD be something to worry about, it SHOULD NOT be something you worry about. Fix it. Vitamin deficiencies, disease and genetics all can contribute to clotting and bleeding.

One question is is this a new thing or, like me, have you always been an easy bruiser? 1. Take a multivitamin daily and 2. if its "new" ,have your clotting speed evaluated by a doctor. Don't accept your family Dr.s attempts to pooh-pooh it. You are responsible for your health, not her/him. If you don't get satisfaction from him/her find a better doctor. If after reasonable testing you're still worried, then maybe there are other issues you need to take control of.

It can be. bruising is just broken blood vessels, and blood pooling under the skin. When I first went vegetarian, i bruised like a peach! but gradually, as I became more health-conscious, it stopped. If this is a sudden and recent development, you might want to get a blood test and see if you're anemic. A simple iron supplement could be the solution to your problems! But there are many other possibilities as well. There are some diseases like leukemia that are blood cancers and would cause (excessive) easy bruising (but we're talking, like, you look like you've been in a wreck when you brush your hip, so don't freak out!) My boyfriend's family just has genetically weak veins, and they all bruise easily. As long as I'm taking a multivitamin and exercising, I don't bruise hardly at all. But check with your Doctor if you're worried.

Source(s): Medical, nutrition, dietary studies throughout college.

Frequent bruising could be sign of anemia, in other words, your red blood cell count might be a bit low. You may have a minor iron deficiency. Try taking multi -vitamins with iron for a few weeks, but if you are worried, or if it seems the bruising is excessive for the cause of the bruise, then please do go see a physician. Have a complete blood work-up done. Try not to worry, this is usually something easily dealt with. Good luck.

If you drink regualrly thats probably why you bruise. The drinking thins your blood and then makes it easier to bruise. In college I looked likea walking bruise bc I drank so much on such a regular basis. Now I only drink once or twice a week and I haven't seen the nasty, ugly brusies for a while.

You could also check out this website (or just google easy bruising) if you aren't a drinker.

http://pages.prodigy.net/naturedoctor/bruising.htm...

Are you extremely flexible? A good friend of mine has a genetic disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. She bruises very easily, takes a long time to heal and is freighteningly flexible. She can easily take and bend her thumb backwards till it touches her wrist.

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome comes in many different forms. There is one that just causes the person to bruise alot and has no other symptoms. Here is some more information on the disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehlers-Danlos_syndrom...

I also bruise very easily. I have ITP (ideopathic thrombidic papura).

Which means I bruise for NO reason. Mine is brought on by blood thinning meds, such as Aspirin. So I watch what meds I take and stay away from certin foods that also thin me out. I went to the doc and he sent me to get lab work to find out.

There are also other reasons for bruising, diet, family history, or illness. Go see your doc and find out. Better safe than sorry.

Don't keep worrying about it, it's very common. However, Bruising without a cause can be a sign of something else and if you want to put your mind at rest, go see your doctor who can take some blood samples.

• dedra

it would want to not be maximum cancers, yet you'd be poor in some supplements. 2 - try nutrition C remedy. 8 many years in the past a maximum cancers specialist got here out with a paper that reported the perfect maximum cancers/an infection fighter got here upon to this aspect became Interferon. (in case you hit upon this effective, replica it and substances it to a buddy. someone were given to Yahoo and they delete this once they locate it) on the time it became $15,000 a gram. 9 The paper also reported that Interferon became a through-fabricated from the organic breakdown of nutrition C on your body. shortly after that the FDA tried to make nutrition C through prescription basically. wager why? The FDA has the RDA for nutrition C set at sixty 4 mg an afternoon, basically adequate to dodge scurvy. Linus Pauling, who were given a Nobel Prize for his artwork with nutrition C and a 2d Nobel Prize for organic and organic Chemistry, reported that one thousand mg an afternoon should be the minimum and 2000 mg an afternoon if you're ill or smoke. 10 He performed tennis almost each and each day until eventually the day he died at ninety six. in my opinion, I were given ill two times a year for 2 weeks at a time, for more desirable than 20 years, with something to at present the medical doctors do not recognize what it became, yet for a week interior the technique those 2 weeks i became flat on my decrease back. i began nutrition C remedy after I gave up on the medical doctors. I took adequate to be asymptomatic for those 2 weeks. 11 too a lot and that i have been given diarrhea and too little and that i have been given ill. interior a slender variety, and it talked about a bell curve over those 2 weeks, i became not ill. on the top i became taking 40,000 mg an afternoon and three hundred,000 over both weeks. After 2 years of that I actually have not been ill when you consider that – more desirable than 15 years. 12 nutrition C acts as a organic diuretic so that you want to drink countless water and watch your body in complete, yet my kidneys did not dissolve because the medical doctors anticipated, or get vast kidney stones as different anticipated. i did not dissolve my bones as some anticipated or thoroughly calcify my joints as others anticipated. I had no uncomfortable aspect effects in any respect. it will be something to judge.

There are "only" hundreds of medical conditions that will cause easy bruising. Some of them are more trivial, others are very dangerous.

Instead of being worried, talk to your physician/pediatrician and he will probably draw some blood to check out things from leukemia to low platelet count...

Do not take this lightly and wait too long before getting it diagnosed!

I don't think you should worry about it. Most of my bruises heal, nobody is any the wiser. Once, I ran my left hip into a doorknob really hard, and it was a purple black blue green ordeal, and it healed in like, a month.