how long r guppies pregnant?

i just got 5 guppies and one of them is pregnant.I would like to find out how long until she would be pregnant so i could go buy the baby tank

Favorite Answer

They give birth around 4 weeks after they become pregnant. Since you just got them you probably don't know when it become pregnant though unless you got it from an all female tank and the first time it was near a male was in your tank.

Species like guppies and mollies are basically

pregnant almost all the time once they reach adulthood.

The gestation period is around a month. They can have babies every month. I suggest getting a seperate tank or a breeder box to put her in though. That way she can have clean water and be happy. All of the fish will eat the little babies. Only put the babies in with your others when your sure they can't fit in your other fish's mouth!

• MT C

My experience with guppies is that they are permanently gravid and give live birth about every four weeks, depending upon conditions.

Source(s): Life experience