Single tree in a farmers field?

When a farmer clears a field that has trees, he uses a tree to pull down the others, in the end there is one tree left. There is a name for that tree and I can not think of what it is called??? Any help out there???

• john h
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes when farmers clear a field a single tree and often more than one tree is left in the fields for shade for when livestock are in the field. The name of that tree is a shade tree.

I am not sure about that. What I have seen is that they usually clear about 10% of the trees per year. (For trees with a 10 year maturity span, more for shorter, less for longer maturity spans) But they do not leave one up. They usually leave about 90% of them up.

B

The champion!

Sorry, just thinking back to the multiple-elimination match we had with Scotch broom doing that very thing with a grip hoist.

I believe it's called an anchor tree.