Guatemalan father, American child.?

If a hispanic father, who at one time had a green card, gets deported ( I don't know why he's getting deported), My question is, Is this possible with american children? (Deporting the father)...??

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sir J
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, the fact he's a father has no bearing on his status.

• Niecy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If the child is an American citizen, the child cannot be deported. If there is no family in the US for the child to stay with, the child can go into foster care, or go with his/her father when he is deported. The child can always come back when he/she is older.

• 1 decade ago

YES IT IS. THE CHILD IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN NOT THE FATHER OR THE MOTHER. IF THEY GET DEPORTED THE CHILD GOES TO. THEY CAN KEEP UP AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP FOR THE KID BUT THEY HAVE TO GO TROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS TO BECOME CITIZENS

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He needs to get a good lawyer, if he was deported on drug related charges he will find it hard to attain legal status in the U.S.

Source(s): 35 + years law enforcement
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, unfortunately for him, I hope the mom is here with the children, and he must have done something pretty bad to have had his green card taken away.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

no not if you was born here which will be voted on soon in congress and revers where if you come to America illegal you want automatic become a citizen of the usa

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it's possible. They sent him back, didn't they? That anchor baby didn't do him any good. My guess would be that he was convicted of an aggravated felony.

• 1 decade ago

Yes afraid it makes no difference

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I sure hope so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.