How can the 8GB black iPod nano and the 30GB video ipods be the same price?

I thought the price was based upon GB and capabality...the new slim black nano (or is it a mini?) is 8 GB and $250, the 30GB video ipod (b&w) is $250 as well, even though it has photo and video-playback capabilities. I just got the former for Christmas and I already have about 1600 songs, so I thought it would be wiser to buy a 30GB....any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

The 8GB is the same because it is smaller. Being smaller means it has smaller moving parts and it is harder to make for its size. In my opinion, the 30GB is better, but if you just want something small to fit in your pocket easier, the nano is the way to go.

The Black 2 GB Nano is only $130 on Amazon.com

The ipod nano's are newer, the videos are on their way to being upgraded again, in november videos were $299, now $249, Think about the PS2 and PS1, Their value depreciates as new things like the PS3 go on the market. Nanos are newer technology, so they are more expensive.