Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareScanners · 1 decade ago

How do you scan a picture onto your computer?

Like how do you like put a pic onto your com with a scanner? Like what are you supposed to like do? I like have this picture that I like want for my computer. And I want to put it on Myspace. Also, if it's like a Student ID, how do I just get the picture of myself and not the rest of the ID card? Step by Step plz

thx

Favorite Answer

Well, you have to have a scanner and a computer, and the scanner needs to be hooked up to the computer.

Go into any photo editing program / photoshop, illustrator, etc... and Import from Scanner.

A new window should pop up asking you what to scan.

Preview scan first to select just the parts you want by clicking and draggin a square box around your photo.

Then scan.

When the scanning is done, close the window and save the resulting picture.

If the picture is too big or too small, resize it or crop the picture until it's the size you can use on the web.

Best to save as a jpg or a gif file.

First off, you need to get yourself a scanner. If you're just doing email, then you don't need anything fancy or expensive. Once you have the scanner, it will come with software that helps you with the scanning. You should be able to preview your pic so you can see what it will scan. You have the ability to scan just the pic on the id card, or the whole card itself. This is all done within the scanning software. OR, scan the whole card and edit it within a picture editing program and crop your scan. But most importantly, get the scanner first. (Or find a friend who already has one.)

go to www.ulead.com and download a photo editor

open it

put the picture in your scanner

click get photo

find the scanner and scan

now crop the photo to where its just you

save it

upload it

If you cant do this send a copy of the pic to my email and ill crop it and send it back to you. hope ive helped.

If you have a scanner it should come with software you can use to install it on your computer.

If you are not computer savvy, then call up the helpline, and they will give you advice.

STFU with you "like" already.

but anyways like you open the file in like photoshop or something like that and then you like erase the surrondings around the pic or you can like cut the picture out and then like past it on a new document, then you like save it and the like upload it too myspace and then you like done. like is that easy enough for you to like understand.

or you can like send me the picture and then ill like email it right back to you, so you can like upload it and not have to like worry about doing it.

cuz i like doing that stuff

if you want to like email it to me then my email is zombie_002 at yahoo dot com

First, you'll need a scanner.

scan it then., after the first scan box the picture(buy holding the mouse and moving it).,then scan it again

Source(s): experience

You like take the picture like, place it like on the scanner tray like, then like you shut the lid down like, and like press the button which says "scan" on it like, and then you click on the image which appeared on the screen of your PC like, and draw a square like with the pointer like on what you want to scan like, and press "SCAN" on the screen like, and then you save the image scanned like.

simply scan it all first..

then open it with paint..

resize it to the part you want..

save it on the old file..

u'r good to go..

Like, man, wow!