Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

why are so many people not seeing that by listening to bad music it has an effect on their spiritual life?

ok i am a christian and i see that so many people are blinded my material things that they can't see the most important thing their souls and i don't want you to be upset with me and im not trying to criticize any one or their beliefs because every one has a right to their own religion but i just want an answer to one of my questions why do young people listen to such bad music?

Favorite Answer

easy! the sounds of this world is season with the words and the salt of this world.... once of the world.... it's not easy to get out of the world into the spiritual world... more than that!!! it's so sweet to them, that breaking that habit... also breaks the heart.. more than that.... Satan and this demons, are not easy to get away from... more than that.... people don't know the difference between good and bad music... some would even ask, what's the difference.... but be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might... that the wicked ways of men, will not take you off the road... and remember.. Satan use music.... to keep people in his service... ...... pretending to be a Friend... but full of wickedness

Music has changed so much over the years. But wasn't Elvis considered a bad influence? Society has gone to h#!! in a handbasket, and I don't think the mamas and the papas music would fit in right now, you know? And it seems kids are so spoiled with material things at a young age, and it becomes a crutch when they are older to blow their hard earned money on it so they don't miss out.

• Erika

music in basic terms has an effect like that in case you enable it. in my opinion, I show my toddler with reference to the authentic international and regardless of lots of the music he listens to, he would not do the flaws they sing approximately. Nor does he act the way lots of the individuals interior the bands do. i could extremely show my toddler a thank you to no longer be so gullible, than to lean on the concept "undesirable" music does something TO people. It would not. in the event that they do something by using fact they hear it in a music, they have been already thinking approximately something alongside those traces and use the music/lyrics as a justification of it. i think of it somewhat is extreme time mothers and fathers and others stop blaming each thing else for how their teenagers finally end up.

• Alan

When I was a kid the Beatles were considered BAD BAD BAD. Recently, I went to my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party and the band was playing Beatles music.

Go figure ....

However, I have to agree say that some of the punk and rap music that I hear today does seem to go over the line by promoting violence. My oldest daughter was starting to listen to it until we downloaded some of the words to the songs and she read what they were saying.

You mean like that horrible soft rock they play on the "Christian" stations? That's a spiritual killer for me.

Seriously, I think a lot of rap stinks. But I think a lot of popular music stinks. I like classical and jazz myself. But I've heard of a "Christian" camp that banned classical music.

So what "bad" music is from a spiritual perspective is hard to say, because it seems to be totally subjective.

• Shossi

And, what is your idea of ''bad music''. AS they say, one man's junk is another man's treasure. The same goes for music.

Define "bad music."

• would you rather us listen to our own thoughts? that can be suicidal ya know!

Because it annoys their parents.