i have taken a hpt it said negative so could I still be? or no?

I'm behind by a month and two weeks, negative pregnancy test results, is it possible

Favorite Answer

You could of had a bad test strip or your period is running late because of stress...maybe. Are you stressed out? That could be a big deal with your period coming on time.

It all depends on the time of day you took the test and which test you used.

My doctor recommends EPT and using your first urine stream of the day -- your hormone level is the highest during this time.

The fool-proof test is a blood test that you can receive at your doctors office.

If you are leery about making such an appointment, buy EPT today and use it first thing tomorrow morning -- if you still have a negative result, then consult your doctor.

---

It could just be stress... but best to be safe.

I agree that you should consult a doctor, particularly if this is unusual for you. HPTs are fairly sensitive now-a-days, but you could still be pregnant if you get a negative result. It's not highly likely, but it's possible.

Yes it is still positive with a negitive result to be pregnant. Stress and life changes effect your minstral cycle. However your best bet is to go into the doctor and talk to him/her about your conserns. They can do a pregnancy test and even investigate further as to why your are late. There are several reasons why you can be late, Stress, pregnancy, and other female problems can give you both a negitive result and make you miss.

Your best bet is to see a physician (spelling?)

GL

Go see an OB/GYN could be a false negitive or....

It could be something else. You could have a STD, be over weight or totally stressed out. You may need to be put on the pill to get regulated. Don't worry about it but call your doc to make sure everything is okay. Good luck!

You are a month and a half late on your period? Consult a doctor.

call your doc......i took 2 hpt and they both said nagative but when i ent to my doc she told me i was and now im 24 weeks prego