lvsgal86 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Possible to be preg. and still have period?

I had my period like scheduled last week on Tuesay thru Friday. Then I was off for 5 days and now I'm bleeding again. I take BC exactly like it says and the same time everyday. NEVER MISSED ONE PILL. Is it possible for me to still be preg?

Favorite Answer

It is possible to be pregnant and have a period...but really early on in the pregnancy (my cousin had it..it is kind of like the last cleaning of the uterus). But, I am on the pill and got my period at a different time and it was because of stress. I would call your doctor to see what they think...you may be pregnant or maybe the pill doesn't work for you anymore.

Yes, there is a very slight chance that you can still get pregnant while on birth control, even if you take it exactly like you are supposed to. I don't think you are pregnant, however, since you are having a period. It could be time to switch your birth control pills. Give your gynecologist a call and let him/her know what is going on. They may or may not want to see you, or they might just call in a prescription for a different pill.

I suggest you take a home pregnancy test and find out. If it comes out negative its highly unlikely since you are on your period.

If it is to come out positive go to your doctor asap and make sure the pregnancy is not ectopic. That is one of the ways you could have your period and be pregnant.

Some people even experience a normal pregnancy and normal periods.

If you take your birth control like it says, and you never missed a pill, then you are not pregnant. Birth control works if used correctly. To ease your mind, just go buy a pregnancy test. If you are pregnant, please come back and let us know. Good luck!

it is very common to have bleeding during pregnancy. I recommend taking a pregnancy test to make sure, and/or deffinately follow up with an ob/gyn to make sure that everything is normal.

You can have occassional bleeds(spotting) but no regular periods are possible during pregnancy

Some people still get their period when they are pregnant