gender question?

i have an appointment on jan 3rd. I will be 15 weeks and 4 days, the last appointment i had i was 10 weeks and 4 days and my Dr. said he would check and see if he can see the sex by ultrasound (he doubted it) but thought he would give it a shot. Well my hubby cant be there this time.I want him to wait and check next time so my hubby can be there, will they be able to see the sex of the baby between 18-19 weeks? Thanks so much :)

Favorite Answer

That's when they usually do the ultrasound, around 18-20 weeks. Mine is scheduled for next week- YAY!- and I'll be 19 weeks and a day or two. I've heard that they can detect the gender as early as 16 weeks, but I'm no doctor:) I'm sure you could ask your doctor to wait until your next appt. for your BIG ultrasound:) Good Luck!

They should be able to see the baby's sex at 18 weeks although it's never gauranteed and doctors have been wrong before. I read that the baby's genitals are developed around the 13th week. I am going for my 18wk ultrasound in about 2 weeks but don't want to know the sex of the baby. They told me to bring a video tape and they will video the ultrasound so my husband can see it. You should check to see if that's an option where you're having the ultrasound done. Good luck!

They are much more likely to see the sex of the baby at 18-19 weeks rather than 15 weeks. You're level 2 scan is usualy done around 20 weeks and if your baby cooperates then you'll definitely know the sex. But you could also find the sex at 15 weeks, as a friend of mine did, but they weren't 100% sure. Good Luck!

Yes! Well, as long as the baby is willing to give you the shot. Most bpeople don't find out until 18 - 22 weeks the sex. I'm sure if you explain it they'll wait!

Good luck & ongratulations!

Source(s): 15 weeks pregnant.

yes, I found out the sex of my baby at 16 weeks...I am now 5 months pregnant and have had a amnio done, and the baby is indeed a boy, like the sonogram said.

i don't see why not, with my first i found out at 16 weeks the second i was 18 and the third which was dec 6 i was 16 weeks and i found out and so far with the first two it was accurate...

possibly, but best to wait till 20-22 weeks