What will happen when you put a car bra on a vehicle that does not have original paint on it?

Favorite Answer

Original paint or a new paint job doesn't matter. The car bra will scratch your paint. Any little piece a dirt trapped between the bra and car will cause it to rub and eventually scratch the paint.

The biggest problem you will face using a front car bra is the abrasion it can cause due to the grit and grime the get's between the painted surface and the backing of the bra..You will need to remove the bra when you wash your car and keep the back side of the bra clean and dry The newest trend is the 3M clear bra this method uses a clear plastic type substance covering the exposed frontal areas of the car very effective and if ever needed can be removed with out damage to the paint

Source(s): I have used them in the past

It depends on what kind of paint job was done on it.

If it was a Maaco job, then it will most likely peel off instantly. If it was done correctly (paint jobs can cost upwards of $5K) then it will be fine - all the old paint would have been sanded off and it would be like the new factory paint.

You can always go with the new "clear bra" option as well. My dad has it on his Audi A8 and his new Porsche Cayman, and it protects him on his dirt roads nicely. It's a very thin layer of mylar that protects just the front of the car from rocks/etc that isn't visible at all. I think it is a much better option than the ugly old black bras of yore.

To me, I think using a car bra is pointless because if you use the bra, sure it will keep bugs off, but if you ever take it off, the paint underneath the bra will be a different color than the rest of the car.

I put a car bra on my white car and they collect so much dirt underneath, even though I really tried keeping in clean it ended up tinging my car paint yellowish under the bra.

If it is painted good, nothing will happen. Except if you leave it on all the time and then take it off, the rest of the car wont match because of the sun.

what do you mean? Did you have the car repainted? nothing will happen. the bra will just protect it from getting rouined.